Did you mean: 

Original topic:

A34 biometrics suuuuuuucks!

(Topic created on: 10-30-2023 09:15 AM)
WilmieL
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

Recently purchased a new A34.  It takes 4 tries at least to recognize my face and unlocking.  Fingerprint scanner is also extremely unreliable. Sometimes it works - other times it doesn't.  Tried removing screen cover... Cleaned screen.. Cleaned fingers... Registered 3 looks... Nothing works as it should. Please please please fix this issue, it is extremely annoying.  

5 Comments
theguy_lol
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Yes I know it really **bleep**
0 Likes
codzama1
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
But mine quickly responds fingerprint scanner on all apps different models and stuff
Nicky_sam03
Options
Galaxy A

Thank you for reaching out WilmieL

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Please ensure your device's software is updated then  soft reset the device. Press and hold the power and volume down buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (this will not erase your data, it is just to reboot the device)

If the issue persists factory reset your device (backup your data first as these will erase everything stored on your device)

Follow the steps below to back up your data to Samsung Cloud:
From the home screen, choose Apps.
Choose Settings.
Then Samsung Cloud.
Then choose Back up my data or Restore. ...
If you tapped Back up my data, turn on each item you want to back up in the Settings menu and choose Back up now.

Reset your phone completely
Launch the Settings app, and then tap General management.
Select Reset.
Select Factory data reset, and then review the information.
When you're ready, swipe to and tap Reset.
Tap the Delete all button to continue with the reset and delete all information stored on your phone.

Should the issue persist kindly take the device to an accredited service center for an assessment. You can use the link below to find an accredited service center nearest to you;

https://www.samsung.com/za/support/service-centre/

Shawndion
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
Did u put shutter glass on your phone?
Wilxhaiku
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Aii your a34 is coming from somewhere built different
I have no problems
0 Likes