Original topic:

A31 WiFi Problem

(Topic created on: 11-16-2020 02:06 PM)
Q7
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy A
I'm having a weird problem with my Galaxy A31. Whenever I'm using wifi for a long time, it stops working. I have to turn off and on the wifi, and it works again. I've tried every settings on my phone and my router. But it's the same.
Other devices in my house are working fine so it must not be a router problem.
Anyone having this problem on their A31? Or, anyone know how to fix this?
Should I report it to Samsung support?

PS: I only got wifi connection last month and never used wifi on my phone. So, I don't know whether the problem was there from the beginning or not.
11 Comments
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please be assured and to resolve "Wi-Fi" issue kindly follow the given below steps:

1. Check device in safe mode: Press and hold the Power key, when Power off icon appears >Press and hold the power off icon.
Exit safe mode: Hold the power button and select restart on the device.
2. Reset the device: settings >General Management > Tap on Reset.
Note: Before reset make sure to have back up of the data via Smart Switch Mobile App
(Install Smart Switch App > Open > Click on Memory Card Icon >Back Up option > Choose the data for Back up > Back Up).

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Irhamfm
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Hi, i have the same problem with my samsung A31.. do you find the solution?

0 Likes
Q7
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
Sorry, no. Even after the December update it's same.
0 Likes
lowzunyee
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Yep, I'm having the same issue with my A31, always having to switch off wifi & connect again. This might be alright for 2 to 5 mins & again it'll lose connection. 

Tried the above so called fix from Samsung, but still no success.

Another issue is the constant re-pairing of Bluetooth devices.

This is the last samsung phone I'll be buying. had samsung for the last 3 phone, but they seem to drop the ball on this one.

alexisromagnoli
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy A

I'm having the same issue. I just bought my Galaxy A31 last week and after connecting it to my wifi network, after some minutes, it just broke all the wifi connections from other devices too.

0 Likes
Q7
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
I have TP-Link AC1200 router. And I tried to tinker with the settings in the router menu with multiple options. It didn't fix anything. Not even the Android 11 update fixed it. My other devices are working fine without any hiccups. Sometimes it works fine for a day or two. But some days the problem occurs more than one times. Cannot figure out how to solve this problem. Found no solutions online.
0 Likes
diddopf
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

I have the same problem with my A31. Other Samsung devices like A21 and J5 work without any problems. There should be a specific Update for A31.

0 Likes
Q7
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
I don't know about any specific update. But there was an update 2 days ago and I saw that there is wifi stability updated. Maybe it fixes this. I will let you know after few days use.Screenshot_20210629-020055_Chrome_73833.jpg
0 Likes
Q7
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
Nope, it is still happening. Although fewer times than before but happening nonetheless.
0 Likes