Original topic:

A30 - Android 11 - Dual Messenger - Whatsapp Folder Not Found

(Topic created on: 06-14-2021 11:46 PM)
rjsrivathsan
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

Hi Samsung Team, 

Seriously, After Android 11 Update to all devices, Dual Messenger - Whatsapp Folder Not Found in DualApp Folder inside My Files. Same WhatsApp files such as WhatsApp Images, WhatsApp Videos, WhatsApp GIFs all are not found in Gallery. All Images, Videos are visible only via WhatsApp and inside Chats. But when tapped on View in Gallery, it is not found and shows a blank image.

I have tried all solutions online and in the Samsung Community. Nothing works. 

1. Media Visibility is turned on in Dual WhatsApp
2. Hidden files are too turned on in My Files and Gallery.

Still nothing helps. Many have already complained regarding this issue. Please make a new update for this Samsung Team. Seriously this issue is with Android and not with WhatsApp. The same issues were found with Xiaomi, Realme and all other Smartphone Manufacturers, who support Android 11 to their Smartphones. Only few found solutions, I think so.

Please Samsung Team, All were important images,videos. Please help

5 Comments
mrKANCHAN
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy A
My phone is not charging with original charger. it is slowly charging with another charger.
0 Likes
Chaman17
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
Yes, everyone will face the same issue with whatsapp dual messenger. This is because of the recent policy changes implemented Samsung and Google. There isn't exactly any solution.
But to eliminate your problem, do the following steps:
1. Open your cloned whatsapp account->settings->chats->chat backup.
Backup all your messages, photos, videos, docs on your device and your google drive.
Ensure that you remember the credentials of your google account that you're using as backup.
2. Next,open play store and download whatsapp business. Install, add your phone number, verify your otp. You will get a prompt asking whether you want to restore your content from backup. Select your google account and all your content will be restored on your account after sometime.
3. Lastly, go to settings and disable the option of dual messenger.
0 Likes
rjsrivathsan
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Hi bro,

The way you said, didn't work out. Also, the WhatsApp Folder in My Files is not available first. Second, whatever the backup is taken in Google Drive is too not restored. Waste of time in testing out with my phone or even with others phone. 

I think, Samsung and Android needs to take next step as almost people all around the world are getting affected.

0 Likes
Chaman17
Active Level 8
Galaxy A
I tested this method in 3 samsung phones, and it worked.
Anyways, if you want the folder in MyFiles app, go to Internal Storage->Android ->media->com.whatsapp.
There in that, you will find the folder for Whatsapp and the Media as well.
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurred.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes