Original topic:

A white dot on my phone

(Topic created on: 09-30-2020 07:15 PM)
Denman
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
There is usually a white dot on a display bar where network , Wi Fi and clock displays.  What could this white dot symbolize?? Have I been bugged? 

How can I remove this dot 

9 Comments
shad480
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
just clear your notifications it will go away
0 Likes
Griffin2389
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
that's temporarily
shad480
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
yeah thats what I meant, they still have some pending notifications to be seen and to clear.
0 Likes
Denman
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
I have done that several times but it keeps on coming
0 Likes
Griffin2389
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
Go to notification settings
then status bar
select all notifications. Thank me later
Galaxy A
That means you have more pending notifications than what is displayed on the notification bar. The reason is that you have set the option to show only the most 3 recent notifications.
To disable this open SETTINGS > NOTIFICATIONS > STATUS BAR > then select ALL NOTIFICATIONS. Check the screenshots for reference.
Denman
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
thanks so much it has worked
0 Likes
Galaxy A
If it worked, please click the three dot menu on my comment and select accept solution. It can help others with similar issue to find the solution easier.
0 Likes
Eastcider
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I've spent hours on this and have the exact answer:

The white dot on the left is when you have a pending voicemail, clear your voice mailbox to clear the dot. Feel free to test this when you see the dot, clear and properly exit your voicemail to see it disappear.

The white dot on the right comes on when you turn on mobile data. This can be turned on and off in the drag down notification thingy. Feel free to test it on and off to see that it dictaes if the white dot comes on or not.

I discovered these once and for all by turning off things one by one, until they vanished. Then I turned the same ones back on to see if the dot comes back. 

Tried and tested, 

Left white dot = V. mail pending

Right white dot = Mobile data (on)

0 Likes