Original topic:

A review of Galaxy A50 after installing One UI 2.5

(Topic created on: 12-21-2020 10:43 PM)
MoreOfaShutterbug
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy A
Hello guys,
Like many others,I too installed the One UI 2.5 on my Galaxy A50 and here are my thoughts about it. 
The update:

So a quick FYI:The One UI 2.0 update was around 1,725 MB...So in a way,One UI 2.5 is supposed to be a massive update...But it really hasn't been quite that much...
The changes I noticed:
1.On the Lockscreen,I can now view the remaining charging time to complete:

(But its a bit stupid that the phone displays almost half an hour to reach 100% from 90% mark😬😬😬)

2.The long touch of an app icon to bring up shortcuts has a different animation.

3.The Samsung keyboard keyboard has received quite some features like more usability improvements....And the best part is it now supports the Keys Cafe app😍😍😍But it doesn't show within the Goodlock app,I had to download the APK from web,and it just works fine,And on the side note,I wasn't able to find the Keys Cafe app in the Galaxy Store.

4.The Privacy tab under Settings have been changed a bit;

5.There is an option to disable the fingerprint animation;

6.Animations in general,have become more fluid and faster:

7.I don't customise my AoD that much,and I haven't noticed changes in the AoD selections.

8.There is support for Quick Share (rather pointless for me, as Google rolled out Nearby Share earlier than One UI 2.5,and also its limited to Samsung devices only🤣🤣🤣)

9.The overall performance and smoothness of the phone have improved a lot...There is no occasional stuttering in animations while performing tasks...To judge the performance,I played the Real Racing 3,which is one of the most graphically intensive games on Android, and it managed to hold on to a solid 55-60 FPS during a race with 4 laps on the Circuit Des 24 Heures while driving a fully upgraded Porsche 918 Spyder Concept as well as Audi R8 V10 Spyder doing speeds ~340 km/hr.The thermals were also under the control.

10.The Messages App has received a major upgrade;

11.I didn't see any changes in the Camera app except this setting in the Camera settings:

Oh,and the Camera quality has improved quite a bit...I haven't had the chance to take low light shots by the way...

12.There is also support for Alt-Z Life:

Some quick side notes:
1..Battery life has not decreased considering I'm a heavy user:

2.Charging speeds are quite good as well...I went from 5% to 74% in an hour and it took about 1 hour and 45 minutes to complete. 
3.The performance of in-display fingerprint sensor has improved,I feel...

And these are the cons I've noticed with this update:
1.No haptic feedback 😭😭😭😭😭My dad who owns a Galaxy M31s had received the One UI 2.5 nad that update included Haptic Feedback setting...Why do you give us a stepmother treatment Samsung? WHY?????
2.No support arrived for Edge Panels or Edge lighting😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
3.No support for Home Up app😭😭😭😭
4.The Dynamic Lock Screen has gone😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭WHY?????

Hopefully Samsung will rectify most of the cons I've listed in the upcoming One UI 3 update...Fingers crossed for that...
If you liked my post,please consider giving me a like and it would be a great if you could follow me here.
Any suggestions are gladly appreciated.....
13 Comments
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
The kind of posts I like to see.
Galaxy A
I'm glad you appreciate it...It means a lot😇😇😇
bhola69
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
a30s even didn't receive the one UI 2.5 update 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢
0 Likes
Galaxy A
I'm sorry to hear that...
0 Likes
Solution
Š
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
You can use activity launcher to access dynamic lockscreen.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.szalkowski.activitylauncher

Screenshot_20201221-224257_Activity Launcher_4804.png

Solution
Š
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Home up app can also be accessible by nice lock or similar apps.
Mirahman
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
hey can you plzz share nicelock link
0 Likes
Galaxy A
What about pro video mode?
0 Likes
Galaxy A
It isn't there.
0 Likes