Did you mean: 

Original topic:

screen lock was already changed. Try again with a new screen lock

(Topic created on: 10-29-2019 12:40 PM)
vatsal10
Beginner Level 2
Options
Discussions
I switched off my phone last night. And when i switched it on, even after entering the correct password it showed incorrect password. So only option left was to reboot my phone. And when i went to lock screen setting to change my lock screen from swipe to any other lock screen type. It showed "screen lock was already changed. Try again with a new screen lock"
Really bad experience.
12 Comments
Goodgodbhanu
Active Level 4
Discussions
Many of us are facing the same problem. Had to do a hard reset of the phone. it cannot be a bug I think someone did something online otherwise how can it affect so many phones at the same time.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Discussions
I didn't even rebooted, mine was working fine but today when I tried to enter my password to check if I am also affected, I got the same issue

I didn't even rebooted my device and now I tried to remove the lock using findmymobile and now only fingerprint is removed and I am f ed UP lol
gokulrv
Active Level 1
Discussions
I had the same issue..I think hard reset is the only option to solve this problem...
0 Likes
Fido27
Active Level 3
Discussions
same issue here
0 Likes
Chamidu2005
Beginner Level 2
Discussions

I had the same issue too

0 Likes
Fido27
Active Level 3
Discussions
after doing a factory reset , I am now unable to set a screen lock other than swipe or none ...
pls fix this issue , this is a serious one and many people are facing this
catchhafy
Active Level 6
Discussions
I had a same issue
0 Likes
RameshGJ
Active Level 5
Discussions
Samsung has issued a hotfix for this problem.. check for the updates
0 Likes
Manavtutorial