Original topic:

a big problem with restoring beta

(Topic created on: 02-06-2021 06:33 PM)
gradientdescent
Active Level 1
Options
Discussions
Hi all

I have encountered a very big problem with the one UI beta program from Samsung India. I had joined the program a few months back and downloaded the beta version of the Samsung one UI software for my Samsung galaxy note 20 ultra phone.

The beta version was ok and overtime IT stabilized.

However today when I try to to restore back the non beta original version of the software I ran into a big problem. I am sure many more members in the community are going through such an issue. I can see that in the posts.

the problem is that the beta program has officially ended and there is no means of any of us who are in the beta program to go back to the original version. There is no going back... We have been blocked

the reason for that is there is an option called as withdrawal within Samsung members which is now disabled because the beta program has ended.

the only way to revert from the beta program is to go to Samsung smart switch app on the Mac or on the PC and to restore to the previous version.

this option no longer works because the withdrawal option in Samsung members is disabled because the beta program is over.

the only option left for us is to pay for personal charges to travel to a Samsung service centre nearby and pay Samsung services to get the software upgraded back to the old version.

If I had known that this is such a big headache I would have never downloaded the beta version of Samsung and in my life I will never again do this.
9 Comments
dentomatics
Active Level 1
Discussions
if you go to service center they will do it for free of cost .
Ukmadira
Active Level 2
Discussions
I'm also facing the same problem 😕 got stucked in one ui 3.0 beta version , can't get back to official one ui .
Rahul91084
Active Level 1
Discussions
Same problem with me
0 Likes
Ukmadira
Active Level 2
Discussions
I'm also facing the same problem 😕 got stucked in one ui 3.0 beta version , can't get back to official one ui .
Discussions
why can't Samsung fix it
0 Likes
chaos007
Active Level 1
Discussions
I'm stuck too :(
0 Likes
Swatch
Beginner Level 4
Discussions
I am facing the same issue 😐 they called it premium, I switched from my iPhone and now regretting my decision 🙄 #samsung #note20ultra if you are not helping us then you are compelling us to move back to the iphone. please stand up to prove your worth. thanks in advance
0 Likes
Rahul91084
Active Level 1
Discussions
same problem with my phone
0 Likes
LokeshSingh56
Beginner Level 3
Discussions
Same problem my phone
0 Likes