Did you mean: 

Original topic:

The S20 definitely needs adaptive refresh rate

(Topic created on: 11-22-2021 12:59 AM)
Jayyli
Active Level 3
Options
Discussions
You can get adaptive refresh rate via the Galaxy Max Hz which is ported from the s21 series, the s20 (especially exynos) definitely deserves it to control battery life and heating.

Just to be clear, the s21 and S21+ DO NOT have LTPO displays. They have adaptive refresh rate based on software which was ported to S20 via a third part app called, Galaxy Max Hz. You can find the app here, https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-galaxy-max-hz-refresh-rate-mods-screen-off-mods-and-more.4181...

It unlocks adaptive refresh rate, the same as the S21. As compensation for the exynos 990 overheating and battery drain we endured, Samsung is obligated to give this as we won't be changing phones anytime soon and this will surely reduce heating and increase battery life for many users.
4 Comments
lonelyguy
Active Level 6
Discussions
I doubt we'll get that as the S20's don't have LPTO displays. Most workarounds set a higher refresh rate (but less than 120hz) to be able to use WQHD resolution and power saving or both.. it's a hardware limitation
0 Likes
Jayyli
Active Level 3
Discussions
Please read my whole post. The s21 and S21+ DO NOT have LTPO displays and the adaptive refresh rate is software based on those devices. Galaxy Max hz is an app that ports the same software feature from the s21 and s21+ to the s20 series, it is definitely not a hardware limitation as there are other devices from other brands that provide software-based adaptive refresh rate.

ONLY the s21 ultra has an LTPO display which changes refresh rates based on touch
IndiaBetaTeam
Options
Discussions

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from India Beta Team!

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We welcome your suggestion and appreciate the time and effort you have spent to share your valuable comments. This will help us to improve our services.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
India Beta Team

Jayyli
Active Level 3
Discussions
I hope the suggestion is taken into consideration as it would be of great help and increase the longevity of the device. It's also a must for users with lots of heating issues
0 Likes