Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Android 12 stable for S20 Beta Users

(Topic created on: 12-31-2021 05:20 PM)
manjuv
Active Level 3
Options
Discussions
Android 12 stable is being rolled out for s20, Note 20 and even for S10 in European countries, while we Beta testers in India are left with buggy Beta 2 with lots of freezing and screen refresh issues from the past one month. Being Beta tester in India,I am feeling cheated.
11 Comments
JatinJJain
Active Level 5
Discussions
com'on guys its not always about Indians being left out. There are reasons for this.

Samsung may wants to avoid possible bugs being released for masses. Because Exynos may have it's own issue on stable release so Samsung is just being conservative and releasing in Europe first as there are less user comparatively in India
0 Likes
manjuv
Active Level 3
Discussions
I am not concerned about samsung not releasing the update in India, I am concerned about them not releasing an update for beta testers. Clearly beta testers are not "masses". We have enrolled for beta to experience the updates before the stable is released. Now the situation is like the non beta users are getting builds earlier than the beta users.
0 Likes
Jayyli
Active Level 3
Discussions
Calm down. Updates are released in phases. It's how software updates work and you should instead be grateful since this is done to prevent any major problems. If there is a phone breaking bug, it'll be contained within that region so you should be grateful that you'll be getting tried and tested software when it arrives.
0 Likes
manjuv
Active Level 3
Discussions
I am speaking about the case of beta users. We have enrolled for beta to experience the updates before the stable is released. Now the situation is like the non beta users are getting builds earlier than the beta users.
0 Likes
Jayyli
Active Level 3
Discussions
That's the whole point of being a beta user. You get the software early but you also sign up for the risk.

When the stable update comes, it goes to everyone as a phased rollout. Nobody gets special treatment. They didn't just sit down and decide, "oh let's hold off on giving India the update and make them wait". You're just acting spoilt and lack patience. That's the best way to put it.

Moreover, you said the non beta users are getting it before us but you got to use android 12 almost 2 months before they did, didn't you? Had you not signed up, you'd have to wait a lot longer. So just calm your horses.
0 Likes
manjuv
Active Level 3
Discussions
You are contradicting your own statement -

"you should instead be grateful since this is done to prevent any major problems. If there is a phone breaking bug, it'll be contained within that region so you should be grateful that you'll be getting tried and tested software when it arrives"

"That's the whole point of being a beta user. You get the software early but you also sign up for the risk."

I will lay this discussion to rest.

Wish you a very Happy New Year 😊
0 Likes
Jayyli
Active Level 3
Discussions
You're not laying anything to rest mate and I'm not contradicting anything.

Your original statement said that you're a beta user getting the update later as compared to the UK.

Initial response was for that as THAT IS how updates are rolled out, in phases so as to prevent any major bugs if there is any to a region only (the UK in this case). That is why you should be grateful because when you do get the update, it most likely won't have any issues.

My second comment was pointing out your spoilt nature saying you're a beta user and somehow you deserve to get it fast yet you also complain about the bugs and problems which was your own doing and you signed up for it on your own volition, even the agreement clearly states there will be trouble and that you're signing up on your own with no rewards, no preference at the end of the beta.

Finally, you make it sound as if non beta users are getting fast yet you got android 12 from the start (even if it wasn't stable) so if anyone should complain, it's the ones who never signed up for the beta.

If you took some time to read and comprehend, you'd understand how ridiculous you sound.

Lay that to rest mate.
0 Likes
Yuvi1220
Beginner Level 3
Discussions
I agree with everything you said, but does it really take 5+ weeks to fix an issue? The 2nd beta was released back on 24th November. If you think waiting for this long is being spoilt and lacking patience, I would like to remind you that we are talking here about one of the world's largest mobile seller. We are not using some Chinese mobile and complaining. We payed a lot for this device and we really feel cheated that we are still stuck with this buggy version.
0 Likes
Jayyli
Active Level 3
Discussions
Again, perhaps you should get your update but it's not entirely an obligation is it? Sure it's a problematic situation to be in but then again, there's always the option to roll back to the non beta and it is very easy to do so. A lot of the bugs in the software are to be expected but for the majority, it's been absolutely fine, better in fact if you check Reddit. I'd suggest clearly cache, resetting your phone after a backup and running galaxy app booster.
0 Likes