Original topic:

A71 NEW ISSUE FOUND!

(Topic created on: 10-17-2020 12:12 PM)
ankurp12
Active Level 6
Options
Delhi

Whenever you wish to go to full screen mode on any portrait shot video...it just goes to the landscape mode and video plays like this. I feel it should stay on the portrait full screen version. 

Anybody else feeling same issue or it's just a bug on some of the devices, others check and comment!

To Samsung, this is a small concern but see what you can do about it!
#samsungA71
0 Likes
15 Comments
Delhi
This is not a bug. This is expected behaviour. You need to shoot video in landscape mode.
0 Likes
ankurp12
Active Level 6
Delhi
it ain't a video i shot
0 Likes
ankurp12
Active Level 6
Delhi
it's happening on every video...a portrait mode shot video should play on portrait mode on youtube like my other phones...i checked it on any other phone as well sending screenshot of other phone for your reference
0 Likes
Delhi
Bro whether it's video or pic, if you shoot it in potrait view, it will display like this in landscape orientation.
It's not a bug, it's same behaviour in all mobiles.
0 Likes
ankurp12
Active Level 6
Delhi
https://youtu.be/js-2f87O_Ak

have a look at this video. this features was launched by youtube long ago and samsung somehow missed taking a look at it
0 Likes
Delhi
Boss try to understand these two different things.

If you shoot a video in potrait mode, it will be shown full screen properly in potrait mode.
If you will rotate it in landscape mode it will be shown with black bars on side.
The same video I opend in landscape mode. See the screen shot. It is shown with black bars.

If you are able to understand this difference then good. Otherwise I can't help.
It's not a bug. Screenshot_20201017-153210_YouTube.jpg
0 Likes
ankurp12
Active Level 6
Delhi
bro...u r nt getting or i am not able to explain maybe......u said above:

if you shoot a video in portrait mode, it will be shown full screen in portrait...i get that....normal videos are working like that...

but it's just youtube which it taking a portrait mode video automatically to landscape mode
0 Likes
ankurp12
Active Level 6
Delhi
the video is not staying in full screen portrait mode....the video i shared was a reference link for you to understand only that youtube allows both portrait and landscape full screen
0 Likes
Delhi
First of all that is not landscape mode. It is full screen mode.
When you click the full screen mode icon YouTube detects whether video is in potrait mode or landscape mode.
So depending on mode it will keep video in potrait or switch to landscape mode.
Second thing is that, it is app specific functionality. If you tube has implemented it it doesn't mean other apps have bugs.

Third tell me first in which app your video is not staying in full screen portrait mode.
0 Likes