Original topic:

TV Rebooting when browsing files on a USB/SDD/HDD

(Topic created on: 05-21-2021 09:42 AM)
JamesBoy
Beginner Level 2
Options
Consumer Electronics

Hi All

I have a Samsung UA55H6400 TV that recently has started rebooting when it tries to load previews for certain video files that I've copied to a USB drive/SSD or HDD. I've had success in re-encoding these specific files however I continue to get additional files that when freshly copied and not re-encoded will cause the same issue.

So the moment I browse to the section containing the files the TV will start loading thumbnails for the videos and the moment it gets to the one specific file it'll freeze the tv for a few seconds and then it just reboots. The same thing happens if I start playing a previous video and continue skipping until I get to the same video file.

I already have the latest firmware version (2900), is there anything else that I can try apart from a reset (it didn't do anything for me)? Is there some sort of error logging or fault logging that I can enable? I only have the smart remote that came with it so I'm not sure if I can use that to enter the diagnostic/debug mode.

Thanks!

2 Comments
Maps_sam07
Options
Consumer Electronics

Hi JamesBoy

Your TV model supports certain file formats, the reason its not playing all the content on your USB could be that those files are  not supported on the TV. 

Please visit the link below to download the user manual of your TV to check supported file formats.

https://www.samsung.com/za/support/model/UA55H6400AKXXA/#downloads

0 Likes
JamesBoy
Beginner Level 2
Consumer Electronics

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately the manual doesn't contain anything about formats and codec information. In the past I've found HEVC 10-bit encoded files that will not play but with a message saying that the file format is not supported but at least it gave me a message and I knew that I would in future ignore all 10-bit encoded videos.

These videos though just reboot the TV without any error - the manual doesn't mention anything about this happening or what to do about it.

0 Likes