Original topic:

Spam Content & User Ban requests

(Topic created on: 12-10-2019 09:45 PM)
Avinav
Active Level 7
Options
Community Guidelines

Hi All

Recently, there have been many reports of users posting spam/inappropriate content on the community. Many of you have been reporting the same and having a dialogue with these users. Thank you for this! 

Going forward, if you want to bring the urgent attention of India Mods. to any particular user or content, request you to please share the URL below as a comment, along with the reason why you think the user should be evaluated for banning. 

Definitely do bring the below to our attention

• Scams, fraudulent activities, unrelated promotions
  • inappropriate content
  • repeated posting of same content
  • abusive or derogatory language

Would recommend not engaging with the spammers, let us keep conversations on the community constructive.

We will regularly monitor this thread and actively review all reported content. 

Thanks!

263 Comments
arijitkoner98
Active Level 9
Community Guidelines
this id is posting multiple explicit content posts
Sciphile
Active Level 10
Community Guidelines
Hi Avinav, I found the person who I recently exposed in my post here
https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Community-Guidelines/A-fraud-named-SamMobileMarketWatch/td-p/300...

He has changed his nickname again, he is now named Comsup. I can surely say this is the same person "Sammobilemarketwatch" because before doing all this, I clicked on to follow his profile so that in case he tries to get away by changing his name or deleting his comments or post, I can still find him through the following tab of my profile.
Sciphile
Active Level 10
Community Guidelines
Don't let him get away with all this, he is an impostor, I don't know how many members of this community were fooled by his lie that he worked for Sammobile. His account should be banned without any warning and all. Because he has been abusive on certain occasions and was flaunting how he could get away with all this and nobody can touch him.
Avinav
Active Level 7
Community Guidelines

I understand. Will issue a warning. Please report cases of violation of posting guidelines I have mentioned above.

Sciphile
Active Level 10
Community Guidelines
Okay, he has deleted almost everything on his profile but I do have screenshots of his comments. If warning him will stop him from creating further nuisance then I'm fine.

And yes I'll keep reporting such posts and people. This community does not need these kind of people.
Community Guidelines
from last week i had received 2 emails claiming to be from Sammobiles to the email id i gave for this app. I not even visited sammobiles site. now i wonder that this false guy did any thing to my account and got my email id.
Community Guidelines
I completely agree with Sciphile..this user is also violating tnc of Samsung members app..and such user should be banned permanently..
ash5230
Active Level 6
Community Guidelines
what's the use of issuing a warning who threatens to get imei number and personal info from Samsung claims to be ftom xyz organization abuses others and you by issuing warnings are ultimately encouraging such people that they can get away after doing anything.. shameful
Avinav
Active Level 7
Community Guidelines
Will follow due process. In case of repeat offenders, they will definitely be banned permanently. Please rest assured that they are NOT getting any information (email, phone nos, IMEI etc) from Samsung. We take data privacy very seriously.
Avinav
Active Level 7
Community Guidelines
@Sciphile, that's the spirit! Please keep reporting. Repeat offenders will definitely be banned permanently. We will soon have a clean and healthy community that actively discourages such behaviour.