Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Samsung dex via USB c cable on note 9?

(Topic created on: 12-03-2019 09:34 AM)
storyspeller
Active Level 8
Options
Community Guidelines
Hey any one updated for Samsung beta program know about Samsung dex with USB c update available for note 9?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Community Guidelines
yes Samsung dex works with USB type C on PC only, but you have to have Samsung dex application installed on PC.

View solution in context

Solution
Community Guidelines
I'm using Note9 with Q BETA.. attached the screenshot for ur reference

View solution in context

19 Comments
darkf1ber
Active Level 6
Community Guidelines
yes. the old update caused crashes. read my recent post on ui 2.0 second rollout that's has fixed the issue
storyspeller
Active Level 8
Community Guidelines
that's not what I wanted. I asked whether Samsung brought it's new Dec update to it's old phones like note9
0 Likes
darkf1ber
Active Level 6
Community Guidelines
nope.
darkf1ber
Active Level 6
Community Guidelines
pls specify what ru looking for? were there any impending updates that u see missing in note 9 related to dex?
storyspeller
Active Level 8
Community Guidelines
if you have watched Samsung'l note 10 introduction they mentioned about a Dex update that allows users to use Dex on windows computer just by using USB c. we note 9 users didn't had that update. we were only able to use hdmi cable to get Dex and that only on TV screen not on window PC's. S10 also got this update later on. I need to know whether we can use Dex just by connecting USB-C cable?
0 Likes
storyspeller
Active Level 8
Community Guidelines
by the way which is your device?
0 Likes
darkf1ber
Active Level 6
Community Guidelines
yes we can. I'm on N9
storyspeller
Active Level 8
Community Guidelines
can you post some photos of it I will accept your solution
0 Likes
darkf1ber
Active Level 6
Community Guidelines
there u go. pls accept the solution. dex connects with the same usb charging cable. no sweat and works just fine with the settings
0 Likes