Dear Samsung Members !
Thank you for taking an interest in our products and services.
We would like to inform users about the One UI 3 upgrade with Android 11 update for our Galaxy customers.
Here is the detailed information updated as on 3rd May'21
- Galaxy A50(Mar 21)
- Galaxy A50s(Mar 21)
- Galaxy A70(Mar 21)
- Galaxy A70s(Mar 21)
- Galaxy A80(Mar 21)
- Galaxy Tab S6(Mar 21)
- Galaxy A71(Mar 21)
- Galaxy M51(Mar 21)
- Galaxy M31s(Mar 21)
- Galaxy Tab S6 Lite(Mar 21)
- Galaxy Note10Lite(Feb 21)
- Galaxy A51(Feb 21)
- Galaxy M30s(Feb 21)
- Galaxy TabS7+(Wi-Fi)(Feb 21)
- Galaxy Tab S7(LTE)(Feb 21)
- Galaxy Fold(Jan 21)
- Galaxy S10e(Jan 21)
- Galaxy S10(Jan 21)
- Galaxy S10+(Jan 21)
- Galaxy Note10(Jan 21)
- Galaxy Note10+(Jan 21)
- Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G(Jan 21)
- Galaxy M21(Jan 21)
- Galaxy M31(Jan 21)
- Galaxy TabS7+(LTE)(Jan 21)
- Galaxy S10Lite(Dec 20)
- Galaxy Z-Flip(Dec 20)
- Galaxy S20(Dec 20)
- Galaxy S20+(Dec 20)
- Galaxy S20 Ultra5G(Dec 20)
- Galaxy S20 FE(Dec 20)
- Galaxy Note20(Dec 20)
- Galaxy Note20 Ultra5G(Dec 20)
- Galaxy Tab S5e(Wi-Fi)(May 21)
- Galaxy A21s(May 21)
- Galaxy M40(Jun 21)
- Galaxy A31(Jun 21)
- Galaxy M11(Jun 21)
- Galaxy M01(Jun 21)
- Galaxy M01 Core(Jun 21)
- Galaxy Tab A7(Jun 21)
- Galaxy A12(Jun 21)
- Galaxy A30(Jul 21)
- Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (Wi-Fi)(Jul 21)
- Galaxy Tab S5e(LTE)(Jul 21)
- Galaxy A10(Aug 21)
- Galaxy A10s(Aug 21)
- Galaxy A20(Aug 21)
- Galaxy A20s(Aug 21)
- Galaxy A30s(Aug 21)
- Galaxy Tab A8.0(LTE)(Aug 21)
- Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (LTE)(Aug 21)
- Galaxy M10s(Sep 21)
- Galaxy Tab A8.0(Wi-Fi)(Sep 21)
Providing a continued great experience is our first priority.
Update schedule and eligible models could be changed if we encounter any issues through ongoing review.
The update may also be halted for a while even after the official update, when an emergency fix is occurred.
We will notify through Samsung Members if there is any schedule or model list changes.
* Depending on model and country or network operator, supported functions may change.
One UI 3 is designed to help you focus on what matters. Our visual redesign has improved the places you visit the most to reduce distractions, highlight important information, and make your experience more consistent. Performance improvements will help apps run quicker while using less battery power. And One UI 3 puts control in your hands with new privacy controls, one-time permissions, and enhanced Digital Wellbeing.
We’ve refreshed the look and feel of One UI 3 in lots of ways. Motion is smoother and more natural than ever, with improved animations and haptic feedback for common interactions. And the interface responds to different screen sizes to provide the best experience on any device, whether it’s a phone, foldable, or tablet.
We optimized One UI 3 with enhanced dynamic memory allocation, so apps run faster and perform better. We’ve also restricted background activities to provide better performance and power usage.
- On the Lock screen, you can add a widget to check your usage time.
- Add a call background to see a picture or video when you make or receive a call.
- Bixby Routines has even more controls to help you automate your life.
- New icons and Lock screen widgets make it easier to find and control your routines.
- New image categories have been added to Dynamic Lock screen, and you can select up to 5 categories at once.
Home screen and Lock screen
- Add widgets by touching and holding an app on the Home screen.
- Turn off the screen by double tapping on an empty space on the Home or Lock screen. (Set it up in Settings > Advanced features > Motions and gestures.)
- On the Lock screen, tap the clock area to see widgets like calendar, weather, and music.
Calls and chats
- See conversations separately in the notification panel. Works with Messages and your favorite chat apps.
- Easily remove duplicate contacts stored in the same account in Contacts. The storage period for deleted contacts has been extended from 15 days to 30 days.
- Added the ability to edit multiple linked contacts at one time.
- Added Trash in Messages so that recently deleted messages are stored for 30 days.
Pictures and videos
- Take pictures quicker with improved auto focus and auto exposure.
- View, edit, and share pictures and videos more easily from Gallery.
- Find pictures and videos quicker with new search features and categories in Gallery.
- Revert edited pictures to their original versions at any time, even after they’re saved, so you never lose a shot.
- Settings has a new simpler look and feel. Your Samsung account is shown at the top, and Home screen settings are now easier to access.
- Find the settings you need more easily with new Search features. You’ll get better results for synonyms and common misspellings, and you can tap on tags to see groups of related settings.
- Quick settings buttons have been reduced to provide only the most commonly used features. You can also add buttons to create your own customized quick panel.
- Increased the number of input languages to 370.
- Made it easier to paste copied images and verification codes from text messages.
- Added emoji and sticker suggestions when you enter a text-based emoticon.
- Improved the keyboard layout to provide a larger space bar when entering web and email addresses.
- Reorganized Keyboard settings so it's easier to access frequently used settings.
Maintain a healthy balance between work and life by minimizing repetitive and complicated tasks and handling them efficiently.
- New routines will be recommended based on your daily life and usage patterns.
- Bixby Routines provide a setting to return everything to the way it was before the routine ran.
- In Internet, you can hide the status and navigation bars for a more immersive experience and quickly translate webpages.
- You’ll be prompted to block websites that send too many pop-ups or notifications.
- You can browse and select cloud drive files from the file selection screen in My Files.
Easy media and device control
Media and device control is easier with the improved media panel in notifications. You can see recently used media apps and quickly change the playback device. You can also check Android Auto settings in the Advanced features menu in Settings.
Identify and improve your digital habits
Improved Digital Wellbeing features make it easy to check how you're using your phone or tablet and help you form good digital habits. Check your usage while driving or see weekly changes in your screen time by function at a glance through upgraded weekly reports.
Accessibility for everyone
One UI 3 recommends useful accessibility features for you based on your usage. The improved Accessibility shortcut makes accessibility features easier to start and use. You can use the Speak keyboard input aloud feature to get voice feedback of your typing even when TalkBack is turned off.
Stronger privacy protection
You can now let an app access to your microphone, camera, or location just one time. Any permissions that an app hasn’t used in a while will be automatically revoked. You can no longer give apps permission to always see your location in the regular permission popup. To let apps access your location when they’re not in use, you need to go to the location permission page for the app in Settings.