Original topic:

Community Content - Feedback Request

(Topic created on: 06-29-2020 05:25 PM)
Avinav
Active Level 7
Options
Community Guidelines

Hello Members

Want to request you all to take 2 mins to read below and share your view-point on a few things. 

As part of a campaign to encourage our Members community to share their hobbies and passions, we have asked BAs to start the conversation by sharing their own hobbies, passions and other non-tech topics. 

Some active users have expressed that they feel this content is not relevant. This in OK, as long as the discussion remains civil. Many users have participated in this discussion properly.

But out of these, some (like darkvarder1) have taken things too far (example of a comment below)

Avinav_0-1593408779523.png

• Users like this take every opportunity to blame Moderators when they get banned. But they are openly threatening other users who are completely minding their own business.
  • They feel that communicating via memes is an effective mode of giving feedback, where many users and BAs are actively using the feedback section, sending error logs and participating in Beta programs. 
  • They keep inciting others to fight with them on other channels like twitter and discord.

Do users like this represent you and your attitude towards your fellow Members?

Want to take your opinion on below 3 things - 

1. Should users like this be entertained, or be removed with zero tolerance towards violent threats?

2. Do you mind the occasional off-topic threads on the Members community? 

3. Do these threads make it difficult for you to find other relevant content? If yes, Would you prefer if there was a different sub-forum for such off-topic threads?

Thank you in advance for your valuable feedback! 

113 Comments
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Community Guidelines
One thing I would like to say is that if you are coming with such activities, come up with something more interesting so that other members get involved and engaged....it will make things better..I hope you understand.
Solution
Avinav
Active Level 7
Community Guidelines

Bringing this discussion to a close -

(thread will remain pinned for more PoVs. I will continue to monitor)

1. Most users disagree with such language. We all believe this is just a statement (which of course it is). Let me be perfectly clear - Abusive language/personal threats will NOT be tolerated. No matter what the context is, this community is for civil discussions where everyone feels comfortable. If you mean it as a joke, a statement, just an insult, such content will not be acceptable. 

2. Please share feedback freely. If you want to bring something to our attention, share it via BAs. BAs are representatives of the community who interact with us regularly. Try to explain through them.

3. Please keep discussions healthy and constructive. No community is perfect, we rely on ALL of you to help make this a great experience for everyone. 

4. Negative feedback is welcome. While you might not think it, BAs share the most negative feedback with us and we work hard towards actioning as much of it as possible! FYI - BAs are not paid employees of Samsung, they are our top fans.

5. If you think it is Spam, does not mean it is Spam. 

- If it is abusive, threatening, illegal, highly repetitive, objectionable, asking for personal info, selling something, promoting an unreliable product/service it is SPAM. Please report it and try to bring it to BAs or my notice. 

- If it is something that you personally find irrelevant, if you think it is in the wrong subforum and you feel you can not ignore it, try having a conversation without being judgmental or accusatory. Not everyone shares the EXACT same ideas as you, and your own content might also be seeming like Spam to others. If you are unable to ignore it, share your feedback with me directly. 

More specifically, about BA Super League

1. Different subforum for off-topic content - while Others subforum is for this purpose, I will evaluate changing name to something more appropriate.

2. Improving the content quality in BA Super League - Agreed! We will work towards this, share with us what all you want to see on Members!

This community exists for ALL of you! Please be open-minded and respectful towards one another.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Community Guidelines
so make the habit of this
Anonymous
Not applicable
Community Guidelines
better moderate these contents instead of doing useless contests
AvinavM
Active Level 3
Community Guidelines

"useless contests" - you continue to be judgmental.

Will recommend that rather than telling others what to do and not do, please focus your energies in adding value to community constructively.

If you disagree with something so strongly that you just can not ignore it, let me know. We can have a 1 on 1 chat and I will listen to your feedback and try to resolve it for you. 

Community Guidelines

Hi Avinav,

I am glad that user DeanHunter brought your attention to the drugs post on this hot post and you immediately removed the post and banned the user.

But I commented regarding same on two posts one of and links given below.

https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Others/Samsung-Members-Brand-Ambassador-Program/m-p/4717577#M142...

https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Others/Samsung-s-Moon-Story/m-p/4717603#M142875

No action was taken and post were visible for so many days.

Weren't your BA/s family members asking question what is going on on Samsung Menbers app that time?

Were you sleeping or busy with BA/s discussing, how and on what topic, to post irrelevant posts under "Others" section.

You mentioned in your conclusion that, most users disagree with such language.

I see only 5 users replied on this feedback request mentioned below

Gst26, AMPK, Anikroyale, DeanHunter, Sohom13. Out of 5 only 2 said about zero tolerance and rest were BA/s.

Do you consider 2 users as most of the users?

Now don't tell me BA/s are also normal users. I know they sign a contract with Samsung and they never say anything -ve about Samsung. If they are normal users then why I don't see -ve comments from BA/s.

I don't even see any issues post by BA/s, I wonder sometimes that Samsung has provides them flawless devices, without any issues. (Till now I came across only one issues post from BA link below)

https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S/S10-Series-users-I-need-your-help/m-p/4622857#M315428

Now coming to main topic. You requested feedback on 3 points. Here is my feedback:

1. Should users like this be entertained, or be removed with zero tolerance towards violent threats?

My response: First define violent threat. Did he shout on BA while saying that? Or he showed a knife while saying? I don't see that post/comment as violent threat. May be Samsung has some different angle.

Second, had you planned your BASuperLeague contest properly, there would have been 0 p!ssed users. Having said that, plan ahead properly. You will never face such issues. You should have asked feedback before starting chains of irrelevant posts.

2. Do you mind the occasional off-topic threads on the Members community?

My Response: Off-topic threads must be related to tech, gallery contests offers, features. Its not facebook or whatsapp where I tell my friends that I had breakfast or I am listening to songs now or I made pasta today here is the recipe.

3. Do these threads make it difficult for you to find other relevant content? If yes, Would you prefer if there was a different sub-forum for such off-topic threads?

My Response: Yes. You either provide a filter so that I can choose which category threads I want to view. Or remove "Others" section from the "All" view or folder what ever you call. And then post what ever you want to post in others section. I don't care.

Finally I request you to provide feedback to Samsung that there are so many users post out there with relevant issues, that do not find any answers from Samsung. Here are some posts for example:

https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-A/Changing-default-music-player/m-p/4512849#M221696

https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-M/can-you-help-me/m-p/4514619#M97386

https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S/plz-help-i-can-t-add-firefox-accout-with-samsung-accoun...

If they will get proper response then you will not require such stunt for users involvement.

Same is with security patches. My device A71 runs on April security patch. And some M series devices got May and June security patch. If it continues i am afraid no one will buy Samsung device.

A51 which is with A71 in quarterly security patch update list gets UI 2.1 and may patch. Is it some kind of Joke?

My Realme 3 pro costing 15K got June security patch. Its really painful to own Samsung device now.

Community Guidelines

Hi Avinav,

You wanted user's involvement.

Please see this post from BA.

https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Others/QnA/m-p/4660077#M141988

Users involvement happens when you further interact with them.

It doesn't happen when you post 1 question and then forget about what user is replying to it.

Just wanted to bring to your attention.

Avinav
Active Level 7
Community Guidelines
@I_hate_a71

You seem to have commented on old unrelated posts, but still its a miss from my end. I apologise. We have curbed such content to a great degree, will keep working towards a fully clean system.
These are spam users, you see 1 such user, we ban/remove hundreds each week. There is no point engaging with these accounts.
What I might be busy doing is my business, will appreciate you not getting personal.

Do you see evidence of users agreeing with such language? BAs don't deserve to be disrespected. By posting the content they are posting, they are not targeting anyone, and if someone is talking like this about them, or you or any other user, Members community should not tolerate this.

BAs are definitely normal users. They sign simple NDAs with us when they are given priority access or info regarding an upcoming launch etc. They are under no obligation to take Samsung's side. We do have a direct line of communication with them, so most of them raise their issues directly to us. They also frequently raise issues that other users are facing on the community, to source replies. It would be better if you spoke with them to understand this, rather than jumping to a conclusion based of incomplete information.

Towards your responses to the 3 questions -
1. Its clearly a violent threat if someone feels threatened. BAs messaged me personally about this, and that is why this issue was raised.

This was the first edition of BA super league, and I have responded to you and others on prior threads about it as well. This community is for everyone, and just because someone is posting content you don't appreciate does not make them wrong. I don't appreciate many of the memes being posted, but I dont make it a point to personally attack or insult the posters. Community is for everyone, as long as you're not being abusive, you should feel free to post.

2. I understand your opinion on this. But keeping off-topic content also limited in scope defeats the purpose of calling it off-topic. We will try to ensure, however, that content appeals to maximum audience.

3. Completely understand your point here. Very valid feedback, will keep it in mind for future campaigns. Thanks for this.

Our CS team regularly responds to users and their queries. Will check on these threads as well. Thanks for bringing them up.
Community Guidelines
Hi Avinav,
I am not sure what makes you think BA just sign NDA.

One of the BA was sued by Samsung just for using iPhone in public.

I am sure you can search on google to know more.

May be I am wrong and thanks for correcting me.

But I have lost interest in Samsung members app, infact to be honest in Samsung devices. Most probably my A71 will be the last Samsung device I will ever use. If I get frustrated by irregular software updates I may very well sell my A71.

Thanks a lot for your valuable time.
Avinav
Active Level 7
Community Guidelines
Your information is completely wrong, no such action has been taken against any BA. I introduced the BA program in 2018 and have been running it since. Nothing like this has happened.
At our events we encourage everyone to use and create content with their Galaxy devices, which I am sure is understandable.

Im sorry you feel this way. You are a valuable member of the community! I will share your feedback with R&D team as well.