Original topic:

Samsung to allow swapping Bixby in ‘Hi Bixby’ hotword with other words?

(Topic created on: 03-03-2019 08:42 AM)
Prasanth797
Active Level 10
Options
Bixby
Now that we have the option to remap the dedicated Bixby key on our Galaxy phones, Samsung could be planning to give us the option to customize the ‘Hi Bixby’ wake-up command for Bixby Voice. Well, at least in China, where the company has apparently announced that Samsung will swap the Bixby in ‘Hi Bixby’ with a word of their choice.

There are no more details available yet, but Twitter leakster Ice universe says you could say ‘Hi IceCat’ instead of ‘Hi Bixby’, so we’re assuming users will a free hand at choosing any word they’d like. The ‘Hi’ part of the command will probably stay as it is, but letting people set up custom wake-up commands would take Bixby Voice a step ahead of Google Now. Google currently allows one to say ‘Hey Google’ or ‘Ok Google’ to use the Google Assistant.

It remains to be seen if the Bixby hotword customization will be come to devices other than the S10 and in countries outside China. If it does, what’s the word you’d use to access Bixby Voice? 

Source: sammobile 
0 Likes
4 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bixby
all I want that Bixby key is used as camera shutter button that would be most helpful
Prasanth797
Active Level 10
Bixby
true abhishek even I would wish the same
0 Likes
TandelK51
Active Level 4
Bixby
There is a seperate app in the market for remapping Bixby buttons , i dont think samsung will implement own Function set for Bixby key
0 Likes
anishkumar79
Active Level 5
Bixby
nice info
0 Likes