0 Likes
Kidacapp
Active Level 7
Bixby
Which one would you say is your best routine
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bixby
I have never use the preexisting routines but the one I think are the best are the one which I created myself. I made 4 of them:

1. When headphone is connected, edge lighting (effect: spotlight) gets activated for a few seconds. When we connect headphone to phone jack, there is no headphone indicator that appears on the status bar that's why I created that routine to know if headphone is detected by the phone.

2. Sync is tied with WiFi toggle switch. When I turn on WiFi, Sync will automatically turn on and vice-versa. I do not even have to worry about the confirmation pop-up which appears when toggling Sync from Quick Settings panel everytime Sync is turned on/off manually.

3. Everytime after I open Google Maps, I have to manually turn on location. Now I let Bixby Routine to handle that for me. When Google maps is opened, location will turn on automatically and turn off automatically when Google maps is closed.

4. When phone is charging, once battery level reaches 80%, the phone will vibrate letting me know to disconnect the charger. It is effective when I am close to the phone because most of the time I keep my phone on vibration mode.SmartSelect_20211031-203539_Bixby Routines_110594.jpgSmartSelect_20211031-203622_Bixby Routines_110596.jpgSmartSelect_20211031-203517_Bixby Routines_110593.jpgSmartSelect_20211031-203600_Bixby Routines_110595.jpg
Kidacapp
Active Level 7
Bixby
Those are some pretty cool routines 🔥. I think I will steal your third routine 😂 because kinda always have the same issue. I have three main routines.
1. If I am driving, the following will happen:
- my favourite playlist will start playing (which I update regularly lol)
- dolby atmos will be turned on for better sound quality
- my messages will be read aloud
- maps will open for easier navigation

2. If I am sleeping, the following happen:
- Bluetooth, Mobile hotspots and mobile data will all be turned off because I wont use them whilst I am asleep
- power saving mode will be turned on and the the screen brightness will be reduced to 1% to minimise battery drain
- network mode will be reduced to 2g because I wont use it whilst I am asleep
So this whole idea of this sleeping routine is to minimise battery drain whilst I am asleep and not using the phone

3. The last routine is if battery level is below 20% then:
- turn mobile hotspot off
- turn on power saving mode 🔋
- close all the currently running apps of the phone is not in use.

This are my most used routines and I am willing to add more if I find them useful. Bixby routines is a lovely way to automate redundant things we do on a daily basis. Check out the pictures of the routines Screenshot_20211101-140641_Bixby Routines_83085.jpgScreenshot_20211101-140704_Bixby Routines.jpgScreenshot_20211101-140630_Bixby Routines.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bixby
Yes, don't worry, you can definitely steal my routines but remember I will also steal yours 😅. Those are interesting routines. Bixby routines is powerful as it comes integrated with the device but it does not come with some advanced features compared to an app which I recently came across in Google Play Store called Macrodroid - Device Automation (include in app purchases). You can download templates in the app itself which are created by other users. You should give it a try. A lot of automation can be created with it which bixby routines do not have. You can also add one or more buttons in Quick Settings panel, when pressed a task is executed which is/are defined by the user(s). Running both side by side will make your device feel more powerful and make life much easier. But one downside of macrodroid is battery life, I noticed having it run in background for a long period of time will make battery drain a little faster than usual but if your phone come over 4000 mAh battery then this drain should go unnoticed. Mine is 3900mAh (1 year old).
0 Likes
Kidacapp
Active Level 7
Bixby
At this point its no longer stealing its now sharing 😂😂. I checked the Macrodroid application, it's really cool but too complicated for my liking so I will stick to the Bixby routines. I kinda feel like some of the things it offers are better done manually than automatically though
Kidacapp
Active Level 7
Bixby
Welcome to the Samsung family. I have been using Samsung for a while now so I know most of its features. I really like the the Night charge routine because there is no need for fast charging if your phone is gonna charge over night. You can arrest me but Im stealing it 😂😂.
Kidacapp
Active Level 7
Bixby
What do you like the most about Samsung so far
0 Likes