Original topic:

Stuck in RMM prenormal state

(Topic created on: 02-11-2019 04:26 PM)
daviddem
Beginner Level 2
Options
جالاكسى S
Hello,

I bought my S9+ at Extra 2 months ago, product code SM-G965FZKDKSA. It was on my last day in KSA so I took the phone to Europe with me and requested an unlock code from Samsung to be able to use it with my Belgian Orange SIM. I got the code, unlocked the phone and did the initial setup and used it for one month with the Orange SIM card. During that time, the OEM unlock option in Developer Options never appeared.

When I came back to KSA, I did a factory reset and setup the phone again with my STC SIM card. 10 days later, the OEM unlock option is still missing and the RMM state is still prenormal even though I left the phone switched on and connected at all times, connected to my Samsung account.This OEM unlock option is supposed to show up after 7 days (168 hours) but it doesn't for me. My friends in KSA all have it.

Why would that be? Is it because I region unlocked the phone with a code instead of making a 5 minutes phone call in Saudi? I am a developer and this phone is worthless to me without that option...

0 Likes
2 Comments
phantom2
Expert Level 5
جالاكسى S
set the time date to manual and setup today's date, then do the oem process again. once finished go to date set the date back 8 days. then check for oem unlock.
0 Likes
daviddem
Beginner Level 2
جالاكسى S
I tried and it didn't work... wondering if all KSA phones are locked forever...could someone in ksa go to download mode (reboot while pressing volume down + Bixby + power, then press volume up)... do you see rmm state prenormal?
0 Likes