Original topic:

S20 Ultra Camera performance issues

(Topic created on: 04-13-2020 06:19 PM)
Knight4
Active Level 1
Options
جالاكسى S
Dear samsung,

Please note tha the camera Skips frames when shooting slow motion or even with normal mode. it glitches instead of a smooth video.

Focus is slower than previous models.

The image is darker in general.

It has noticeable noise in medium to low light environment.

It is not what I expect from a $1400 price range.

I am a geniun S series holder , I had S2 , S7 Edge S8+ and S9+.. and I have never been disappointed with a phone like the S20 Ultra camera.
The ultra's cemera was the reason I upgraded my phone for. But now I regret preording the phone..

Best regards,
Fares ALABED
11 Comments
Samsung_Expert
Options
جالاكسى S

Dear valued customer

Thank you for contacting Samsung Levant support as we extremely apologize for the inconvenience that you are facing 

kindly make sure of the following please 

1. make sure that your device's software is up to date 

2. go to apps > camera > reset settings 

3. go to settings > apps > camera > storage >clear data and cache

if that did not work then kindly send us an error report using Samsung members application please to share it with the concerned department with videos and pictures of the issues that you are facing

Knight4
Active Level 1
جالاكسى S
Hello Samsung,

I have tried the solution, it slightly fixed the slow motion issue.. but still not perfectly fixed, there are still freezes at some frames which is annoying.

My S9+ shoot photos faster (in focus) than my S20 Ultra..

Even at day, in medium lighting, sometime it takes half to one second to focus, it also have noise in dark colors. sometime they flicker as if it's trying to adapt to light.

I am truly disappointed with this phone that I am thinking to sell it after the COVID event finishes. I do not want it anymore. getting back to my old phone.

I bought it for the camera and I was so excited. but it failed me.

yes , it's a great camera especially in ideal situations, yes there is innovation. but still not mature enough.

It might be better in next version.

it is the first time Samsung fails me in its camera, specially with such price.

I am sorry to say that.
douaaa
Active Level 1
جالاكسى S
ممكن اعرف ليش لبطاريه هيك صايرا عندي بتكون ٢٩ بتصير ٢ بل ميه
0 Likes
Samsung_Expert
Options
جالاكسى S

اهلا وسهلا بك 

نشكر لك تواصلك مع سامسونج المشرق العربي 

ونعتذر منك عن المشكله التي تواجهها 

حيث نرجومنك اختبار البطاريه عن طريق الذهاب الى تطبيق 

Samsung members 

ثم الحصول على المساعده ثم العمليات التفاعليه وفحص حالة البطاريه

0 Likes
douaaa
Active Level 1
جالاكسى S
رجاآ الرد
0 Likes
qwerty2
Active Level 4
جالاكسى S
i agree with you, i am too disappointed in cameras, both front and back, and a 4 year old s7 edge just beat the s20 ultra in selfie quality, s20 ultra showing skin pores!!! unfortunately. Is this their idea of good camera? ones that make us look ugly??? and that we actually hate to use????
Knight4
Active Level 1
جالاكسى S
I had S7 edge, S8+, S9+ and the Ultra.. I have never been so disappointed with a phone like the Ultra's camera. true. my S7 edge had images so clear, the S8+ and S9+ were so perfect. this makes me sad, because I have paid alot to get something that it did not reach my expectations.
Samsung_Expert
Options
جالاكسى S

Dear valued customer

Thank you for contacting Samsung Levant support 

we extremely apologize for the inconvenience that you are facing , as we kindly recommend you to send us an error report for the issue that you are facing with attached videos , pictures 

by going to Samsung members application --> get help --> send feedback

in order to share it with the concerned department please

0 Likes
qwerty2
Active Level 4
جالاكسى S
i couldn't agree more. a total let down