Original topic:

OREO UPDATE

(Topic created on: 03-26-2018 10:24 PM)
Ces
Active Level 3
Options
جالاكسى S
As per my my observation the issue regarding the secure for smart select is a real thing but I dont consider this as an issue I dont use it often, the screenshot crop option is also not working in secure folder.

I think my biggest concern is battery life and connection. I feel that it discharge faster after the update. And wifi connection and data seems to be having problems e.g. I was usuing messenger and it keeps on saying Waiting for network but my connection was really excellent this keeps on happening.

Overall nothing significant about the update.
21 Comments
BingBong
Active Level 3
جالاكسى S
Yes my friend. But for me the smart select and scroll capture feature was something I used 3-4 times a day for work purposes. And it is frustrating me all the time. It's like a broken hand feeling for me... Agree with your wifi problem observation. I just hope Samsung fixes all our problems in the coming update. For me this oreo update was in fact a downgrade. I'm unhappy with Samsung this time. :(

Battery charging is slow and discharging is fast. It should have been the opposite. 😄
BingBong
Active Level 3
جالاكسى S
I solved the secure folder smart select problem. We will need to backup everything inside the secure folder then Uninstall the secure folder completely then reinstall the secure folder. Use the smart select and it will start working as new. But still special keyboard for secure folder functionality is not working.
Ces
Active Level 3
جالاكسى S
oh this is really nice! thanks for the info. 😊
0 Likes
Ces
Active Level 3
جالاكسى S
Hey there since I uninstall and use again the secure folder I am experiencing app crashing(I guess) cause whenver I will open the notification from secure folder and use password/biometrics to open, it will unlock secure folder but brings me back to my homescreen. can you help me out?
0 Likes
BingBong
Active Level 3
جالاكسى S
Hmm, about the notification thing. I mean the crash, I too have the same problem. Instead of searching for new solution which would mess more. I would tell you to wait for two - three days. New update is coming very soon.
0 Likes
Ces
Active Level 3
جالاكسى S
You are a great help thank you!
0 Likes
BingBong
Active Level 3
جالاكسى S
It is randomly taking back to homescreen and I don't know why it is doing. I deleted cache of apps inside secure folder, maybe that will help you.
0 Likes
Ces
Active Level 3
جالاكسى S
okay you help me a lot god bless you! In my case it's not randomly consistently happening.
BingBong
Active Level 3
جالاكسى S
Thanks you. God bless you too. :) oh it is happening consistently? I think you need to reinstall that app. Just remove it from secure folder and then add it back. Check if it helps. Before that try rebooting your phone and check once if it still keeps force closing. Also try deleting cache and data of apps that are force closing. I'm unable to replicate the problem at my end. New update for S8 dual sims is released in other markets, might get released on KSA and Middle East version in a matter of two-three days. And I have read reviews that the new update has solved battery drain and slow charging problems. Hope it comes out true. Till then Take care!
0 Likes