Original topic:

Keyboard stops working after using Google Maps

(Topic created on: 03-30-2022 11:21 AM)
MSTx05
Active Level 1
Options
جالاكسى S
Hello,

I've noticed that my keyboard most of the time stops working whenever I start a trip in Google Maps, as I have to restart the phone every time to relaunch the keyboard. I can't type, keyboard won't launch, navigation buttons don't work, lock key doesn't work and launches camera instead 😅

Anyone else facing the same issue? Is there a way to restart the launcher to avoid restarting the phone?

Side Note: I performed factory reset twice 2 weeks ago and the phone is updated to the latest update, visited service center multiple times once I got the phone to solve these issues in addition to phone's overheating while gaming and during video calls where it reaches 52+ celcius... and they only perform a factory reset and complain about having around 200 apps installed while most of them are in deep sleep. 

Thanks in advance. 
3 Comments
SaudiAspire
Active Level 7
جالاكسى S
There could be a quick fix for the keyboard issue
Change it to Microsoft or Google keyboard from settings
It could work 🤔
The overheating issue is quite common under certain circumstances
As long as you're utilizing Deep Sleep for Apps you don't use, and doing everything you should to maintain reasonable temperature, there is nothing else I can think of that could be done to help
Sit tight & wait for new updates my friend
0 Likes
MSTx05
Active Level 1
جالاكسى S
I tried to switch keyboards but didn't work, I manages to temporarily fix it by disabling driving mode in Google Maps

Heating is still unmanageable in my phone, I'm already switching to Oneplus 😕 I'm tired of this phone, can't rely on it on daily basis
SaudiAspire
Active Level 7
جالاكسى S
You're doing yourself a great favor by switch to OnePlus
This company and the people who are in charge of it, including the ones here at the Members app are completely hopeless
Good luck with your new journey with OnePlus
All the best
0 Likes