Original topic:

Instagram problem on a 54

(Topic created on: 09-20-2023 01:54 PM)
Sedky
Active Level 1
Options
جالاكسى A
Instagram chats disappeared on Samsung a54 although still shown elsewhere on another device
I receive chats and they dissappear next day also can't retrieve old chats or even chat to some friends 
0 Likes
7 Comments
hoscraft3
Active Level 5
جالاكسى A
حاول تحذفة ونزلة من جديد وشوف ظبط التطبيق لان نوع الموبيل مالوش علاقة بالتطبيقات
Sedky
Active Level 1
جالاكسى A
عملت كدةة بس للاسف نفس المشكلة
0 Likes
Samsung Admin
Community Manager
Options
جالاكسى A

Hello. I’m Amira, Samsung Moderator
Thank you for asking the question
We wish you a happy day
Based on your inquiry regarding the update

Setting - apps - choose app - force stop - storage - clear cache and clear data

If you have any other question, can you explain it to us
We are  at your service always
Thanks for your time

0 Likes
Sedky
Active Level 1
جالاكسى A
Hi Amira
Thanks for replying
Did all that u mentioned and removed the app and installed again and still same issue
0 Likes
hussienaouf
Active Level 6
جالاكسى A
There are a few possible reasons why your Instagram chats are disappearing on your Samsung A54 even though they are still shown elsewhere on another device:

Your Instagram app is not up to date: Make sure that your Instagram app is up to date. Outdated apps can sometimes cause problems, such as disappearing chats.

You have a bad internet connection: A bad internet connection can also cause problems with Instagram chats, such as disappearing messages.

There is a problem with the Instagram servers: Sometimes, there may be a problem with the Instagram servers, which can cause problems with chats, such as disappearing messages.

You have enabled ephemeral messages: Ephemeral messages are messages that disappear after a certain amount of time. If you have enabled ephemeral messages, your chats will disappear after the set amount of time, even if they are still shown elsewhere on another device.

To check if you have enabled ephemeral messages, go to your Instagram profile and tap the three dots in the top right corner. Then, tap "Settings" and "Privacy". Under "Messages", you will see the option to enable ephemeral messages.

If you have not enabled ephemeral messages and your chats are still disappearing, you can try the following:

Restart your phone: Restarting your phone can sometimes fix minor software glitches.

Log out and back into Instagram: Logging out and back into Instagram can also sometimes fix problems with chats.

Uninstall and reinstall the Instagram app: Uninstalling and reinstalling the Instagram app can fix more serious problems with the app.

If you have tried all of the above and your chats are still disappearing, you can contact Instagram support for help.

Here are some additional tips to help prevent your Instagram chats from disappearing:

Make sure that your Instagram app is up to date.

Have a good internet connection.

Avoid using ephemeral messages.

Back up your Instagram chats regularly.

You can back up your Instagram chats by going to your Instagram profile and tapping the three dots in the top right corner. Then, tap "Settings" and "Privacy". Under "Data Download", you can request a download of all of your Instagram data, including your chats.

I hope this helps!

0 Likes
Sedky
Active Level 1
جالاكسى A
Thank you for the very useful tips
Although I tried nearly most of them
For sure it's not bad internet
I tried reinstalling and restarting but also in Vain
Maybe I will contact Instagram help support as a final way

Thanks again.
0 Likes