Original topic:

Android 10 issues on A70

(Topic created on: 03-23-2020 01:00 PM)
Wals
Active Level 3
Options
جالاكسى A
Big issue after updatimg to Android 10 for my A70 device (SM-A705FN).

The promximity sensor stopped working, as a result : Auto rotation doesn't work anymore and phone position detection doesn't work: when on a call, when the phone is raised to ear level, screen stays on and doesn't auto screen off as it usually does.
14 Comments
جالاكسى A
either do format or go to a nearest maintenance centre
0 Likes
Wals
Active Level 3
جالاكسى A
did try that, and made sure the issue is only happening with Android 10 and not 9. There is no need to take it to any maintenance center right?
0 Likes
Samsung_Expert
Options
جالاكسى A

Dear valued customer

we appreciate the chance to asisst you and we extremely apologize for the inconvenience that you are facing 

as a first step we recommend you to try to test your proximity sensor by dialing 

#
#
then kindly choose sensors if it did not work then unfortunately service is needed as we recommend you to refer to the nearest authorized service center in your country 

0 Likes
Wals
Active Level 3
جالاكسى A
Dear,

Thanks for this advice, I tried what you suggested but the promximity sensor is not even detected. As an extra troubleshooting measure, to ensure that the issue isn't hardware related, I restored the OS to Android 9 on this phone and to the surprise, the sensor worked normally. After that, I updated to Android 10 (using OTA), The same symptoms occured again and the sensor is not detected again !

I have been in touch with other users that are facing the same issue as mine after upgrading their A705FN to Android 10.

So the issue is purely related to the recent Android 10 update.

Regards
0 Likes
قصي488
Active Level 1
جالاكسى A

مرحبا لدي مشكله تحديث الجديد لهاتف  sm a70  ادى الا تلف الجهاز ولم يعد يعمل الشاحن وتشير البطاريه الا انها فارغة

0 Likes
Wals
Active Level 3
جالاكسى A
Model: SM-A705FN : طراز
Build Number: A705FNXXU5BTC2. : رمز البرنامج

I updated it using OTA (from the settings)
قمت بتحديثه من الضبط
0 Likes
Samsung_Expert
Options
جالاكسى A

Dear valued customer

Thank you for contacting Samsung Levant support 

as we kindly need you to send us an error report with the logs attached in order to share it with the concerned department by going to Samsung members app > get help > send error report 

0 Likes
Wals
Active Level 3
جالاكسى A
when I go to "get help" in the Samsung members app, I don't find any "send error report" function or button
0 Likes
Samsung_Expert
Options
جالاكسى A

kindly go to Samsung members app > get help > scroll down to the bottom of the page you will find many options such as send feedback then kindly choose error reports 

0 Likes