Original topic:

Whatsapp Media file disappeared

(Topic created on: 06-23-2021 03:48 PM)
Wolfheart
Active Level 1
Options
جالاكسى نوت

I have installed a recent update on my galaxy note 10+ a couple of days ago, a short while later photos started to be inaccessible and a little after the whole pictures and videos files of whatsapp disappeared. I use 2 whatsapp accounts and the secondary's files are the ones that disappeared. Any solutions?  

8 Comments
samsungksa1
Options
جالاكسى نوت

Thank you for contacting Samsung KSA

Recently, there was a version up of whatsApp app.
At that point, there was a change in the saved file path, which is causing the problem.

We need confirmation from whatsapp team regarding the path they will be using for saving their media files as in some devices we observed that Whatsapp was still using the old path.
Samsung is trying to solve the problem quickly by contacting whatsapp team. If they go with the new concept then we will be needing some time to prepare the fix.

but you can try the following steps too : from the app settings-chats-chat settings-enable media visibility

also from my files-3 dots on the right corner-settings-enable show hidden files

and check the following too : my files-internal storage-Android-media-com.Whatsapp-whatsapp-media-whatsapp images

0 Likes
Wolfheart
Active Level 1
جالاكسى نوت
Hi, it's been 2 days already and I can't retrieve any files from whatsapp still. Can't find any of the folder. When can I expect a solutions as this is definitely a technical issue and it's reported by many over the globe...
samsungksa1
Options
جالاكسى نوت

Samsung is trying to solve the problem quickly by contacting whatsapp team. If they go with the new concept then we will be needing some time to prepare the fix.

you can send an error report through the app 

and also you can use whats app business as an option too

0 Likes
BaderG99
Active Level 1
جالاكسى نوت
Cool. Waiting for the fix asap.
What about the files that disappeared? Can those be restored?
0 Likes
samsungksa1
Options
جالاكسى نوت

Dear make sure to back up your data from the settings

also you can use whats app business as an option instead of dual whats app 

0 Likes
BaderG99
Active Level 1
جالاكسى نوت
I really want to back up the data but I can't find anything!!
0 Likes
BaderG99
Active Level 1
جالاكسى نوت
When is the confirmation coming from whatsapp?
I did the mentioned steps but I could only find the media from after the problem started. The media before this isn't anywhere to be found. For both whatsapp and dual whatsapp BTW.
samsungksa1
Options
جالاكسى نوت

you can send an error report through the app 

and also you can use whats app business as an option too

you can try with this path for whats app : my files-internal storage-android-media-com.whatsapp-whatsapp-media-whatsapp images

0 Likes