Original topic:

S-Pen tracking and Precision deficiency

(Topic created on: 09-29-2021 05:29 AM)
a-ahmed
Active Level 1
Options
جالاكسى نوت
Issue #1 ( hardware-related)
Using the spen around the curved edges is expected not to be that precise compared to the flat surface. 
Having said that, holding the phone in a landscape mode -having two flat edges on the right and left side of the phone- i should not face a problem with the precision of spen, yet i do in the highlited areas. The hovering point that reflects where the digitizer sees the **bleep** of the s-pen moves all over the place not correesponding to my hand motion. Which really drives me crazy.

I've visited two service centrers one telling me that a technician has the same device with the same issue so it's not a problem, the other one told me expect samsung to release a patch to prevent zooming in on the canvas.

I got in touch with the call center and we went on a remote session and saw the issue live and asked if i could send a video on whatsapp reproducing the issue, which i did. 
That was for 2 weeks. Since then i've been calling to request a follow up on the case, they call me, i call them, again again and again with no solution repeating my words every time

and here is a video to show you what happens exactly if you are not able to download the image to guide you in pin pointing the exact location 

PS the video is in real time it is just muted. You can skip forward till you see the hovering point moves to the highlited areas

Issue #2 (software-related)
The air command icon used to get pinned on both the left and right edges, regardless how you hold your phone (in portrait or landscape modes). Now it doesn't it only gets attached to the right side and on the left it is shifted which is very annoying.

I also got in touch with the call center regarding this issue. But no promises or solutions so far.

Air command icon right position on the left edge

The following 4 fotos shows manually where the icon gets pinned holding the phone in portrait and lanscape positions

The following 4 photos shows the same behaviour with the help of settings>developer options> show borders layout

PS
I have done a settings reset and a factory resulting in no change 
Don't suggest using the diagnostic menue in testing out the spen 
7 Comments
MrThabet
Beginner Level 3
جالاكسى نوت
Same as here, That makes my OCD uncomfortable
0 Likes
Amira-elnagar
Options
جالاكسى نوت

Hello. I’m Amira, Samsung Moderator.

Thank you for asking the question

We wish you a happy day

Based on your inquiry

I ask your permission to follow these steps:

To reset S pen, open Settings, and then search for and select S Pen. Tap S Pen again, then tap S Pen remote or Air actions, and then tap More options (the three vertical dots) Tap Reset S Pen and wait for the S Pen to reset itself.

Thanks 

0 Likes
a-ahmed
Active Level 1
جالاكسى نوت
@Amira-elnagar
All troubleshooting steps are followed beforehand.
From Reseting the spen, reseting the mobile itself
To even
Trying another spen it got to be an issue with the digitizer and it's not a new thing. It's been this way since i bought it.
0 Likes
Amira-elnagar
Options
جالاكسى نوت

We really apologize for the problem that you face

You can visit the nearest Samsung service center and they will be able to help you

Kindly send us your address to provide the nearest service center

or you can find it following the below link:

http://www.samsung.com/eg/support/servicelocation/

Thanks

0 Likes
a-ahmed
Active Level 1
جالاكسى نوت
If you had read the post thoroughly you would have fount out that i already mentioned that i visited 2 service centers and they both recognized the problem, however were no able to provide a solution.
0 Likes
Amira-elnagar
Options
جالاكسى نوت

Hello. I’m Amira, Samsung Moderator.
We wish you a happy day

We apologize to you and appreciate your position. We ask you to contact us again through the maintenance center and to communicate with us and clarify the receipt number so that we can assist you
Thanks

0 Likes
a-ahmed
Active Level 1
جالاكسى نوت
•Both visits were on the spot check
•The problem was acknowledged in both
•The first visit the phone was taken to the repair zone where a colleague of the person helping me who happens to have the same device and, i was told that he had the same problem, hence it's not a problem.
•The second visit didn't even make it to the repair zone, and what i was told back then is written in the original post

What i am trying to say is thet it was an on spot check where no maintenance done to require a receipt. Or at least on your end you thought so

However i do have a proof of visit on me, it happens that ichanged the screen protector on the same day of my first visit
20210930_132914_42480.jpg
0 Likes