Original topic:

Watch not waterproof!

(Topic created on: 07-07-2020 03:42 PM)
Badmy004
Active Level 3
Options
أجهزة قابلة للارتداء
I had the samsung Active watch for 1 year and 2 months. I had a dip in the sea and the water stopped functioning. I took it to maintenance and the asked for JD 128 for the motherboard and screen (the new watch is for JD145). I know it's post the 1 year warranty, but I felt it is not fair! Shouldn't the watch stay waterproof?! Shouldn't I het a better price offer to fix what is not my fault!?
7 Comments
FuadHabash
Beginner Level 2
أجهزة قابلة للارتداء
Waterproof is not the same as sea-water proof
0 Likes
maryzary
Active Level 1
أجهزة قابلة للارتداء
i don't understand
0 Likes
Badmy004
Active Level 3
أجهزة قابلة للارتداء
the watch is supposed to be waterproof, but had a water leak into it after 1 year and 2 months. warranty will bot cover and maintenance cost is very high
0 Likes
Badmy004
Active Level 3
أجهزة قابلة للارتداء
"After using the watch in seawater, rinse it in fresh water and dry it. Failure to do this as instructed may cause the watch to suffer from operability or cosmetic issues."
This is from the official Samsung website
0 Likes
bashir3
Active Level 4
أجهزة قابلة للارتداء
yeah water proof from tap water not sea with salt water.
0 Likes
Badmy004
Active Level 3
أجهزة قابلة للارتداء
"After using the watch in seawater, rinse it in fresh water and dry it. Failure to do this as instructed may cause the watch to suffer from operability or cosmetic issues."
This is from the official Samsung website
0 Likes
Samsung_Expert
Options
أجهزة قابلة للارتداء

Dear valued customer

Thank you for contacting Samsung support in Levant 

unfortunately your watch support Water-resistant up to 50 meters per ISO standard 22810:2010. Not intended for scuba diving. Avoid excessive, sudden temperature changes and high-velocity activities. Rinse in fresh water/dry after use in sea water or chlorinated water.

as if you faced any issue after the warranty period then repair fees will be applied as unfortunately the prices are fixed 

0 Likes