(Topic created on: 03-11-2018 04:37 PM)
MeMoDeMo
Beginner Level 4
Options
جالاكسى S
Edge panel >> Smart Select
not working inside secure folder
working outside secure folder

this happened only after android oreo update8a3b230c-303a-4152-8cbe-b5763c191207.jpg
5 Comments
BingBong
Active Level 3
جالاكسى S
Me too. It was the number one feature I used my s8 for. Too bad its not working after oreo update. Oreo update is not final. Half baked. :( I just want to roll back to old version. It was perfect.
Ces
Active Level 3
جالاكسى S
Hi there. What are the ither issues you have?
BingBong
Active Level 3
جالاكسى S
Hello, Smart select doesn't work inside Secure folder. It only displays (I.e. Slides out) but features doesn't work. Previously on Nougat when we slide the edge panel and select (for example Animate function) a box used to appear and we would clip a Gif and that picture used to save in the gallery of Secure folder. Now the box does not appear, which certainly making the feature disabled.

If it is purposely disabled due to security issue, the app (smart select) should at least ask the user's consent and if the user agree, it would continue functioning, else if the user disagree, it should stop working.

The Smart select feature was the main feature I used to use inside Secure folder especially clipping out a part of design and discussing with my colleague... I loved my S8 so much because it was a standout feature.

I keep all business related stuff inside the secure folder due to the confidentiality but this secure folder disability is just making me frustrated all the time.

Hope Samsung rolls out a patch ASAP.
MeMoDeMo
Beginner Level 4
جالاكسى S
Actually, after android oreo update, smart select was not functioning outside secure folder too. After some trials it asked for permission and it worked after I agreed to to this. I tried to find the same setting inside secure folder but I didn't.
I hope it will be fixed soon.
0 Likes
MeMoDeMo
Beginner Level 4
جالاكسى S
now fixed with the last update on apr. 27th
0 Likes