Original topic:

Pdf and documents files not opening in Dual Whatsapp

(Topic created on: 07-25-2021 05:50 PM)
MohammadAbouzeid
Active Level 3
Options
جالاكسى نوت

I am unable to open pdf and documents files from Dual Whatsapp. And also the downloaded file not appearing in file folder. And after some days the old document and pdf files are not forwarding to other contacts....

I also reset my dual whatsapp account...and then also it didn't changed yet ...same problem

As I am using samsung galaxy Note 20 Ultra

But at the same time I am able to view/download the pdf file in main whatsapp.

(If we go to the main whatsapp stroage it's around 250mb....but all data was about 20gb was there and I can see through gallery and file manager...but in my dual whatsapp it shows data around 5gb(total) which is not shown in file manager nor gallery....)

6 Comments
Amira-elnagar
Options
جالاكسى نوت

Hello

MohammadAbouzeid

I’m Amira, Samsung Moderator.
Thank you for asking the question
We wish you a happy day

first of all, we really apologize to you very much for the problem you are facing

Based on your inquiry regarding  Android 11 on Google due to improved security policy
Storage is managed separately for each user
Since Dual Messenger operates on the basis of a multi-user service, dual messenger storage cannot be shared with other applications.
Therefore, photos downloaded while using dual messenger are not saved in the gallery.
To check the downloaded images please go to
DualApp < DCIM < My Files> Internal Storage
Messenger <
In the event that the device is updated soon, we apologize to you
Settings-Apps-Right menu tab of your apps-Enable Show system apps-Secure media storage-Force stop storage-Clear data
We are at your service
Thanks

جالاكسى نوت
Dear Ms. Amira,
Many thanks for your help. Sadly, it did not work!!!
0 Likes
Samah-Ahmed
Expert Level 5
جالاكسى نوت

I recommend that you perform a factory data reset to resolve this issue using the steps:-
Settings – Backup and reset - Factory data reset.
Ensure all user data is backed up using the following methods:-
1. Connect the phone to the PC via USB cable, and then manually copy files from the removable disk to you r PC hard disk drive.
2. Download and install smart switch from the link below and then use the backup tool to create a data backup 
http://www.samsung.com/eg/support/smartswitch/
3. Insert an SD card and move files from the device internal memory to the SD card.
Kindly note that only Images, Contacts, calendar, videos and Audio files are backed up, all applications and text messages will be erased.

You can visit the nearest Samsung service center and they will be able to help you

Kindly send us your address to provide the nearest service center

or you can find it following the below link:

http://www.samsung.com/eg/support/servicelocation/

thank you

0 Likes
MOU14
Beginner Level 2
جالاكسى نوت
will there be an update to fix the problem?!
0 Likes
جالاكسى نوت
Thank you very much for your help. I tried it but didn't work. I think this is because there isn't "secure media storage" dedicated to dual messenger (whatsapp) (no red sign next to it)Screenshot_20210726-004330_Settings_66694.jpg
0 Likes
Samah-Ahmed
Expert Level 5
جالاكسى نوت

you are welcome and You can visit the nearest Samsung service center and they will be able to help you

Kindly send us your address to provide the nearest service center

or you can find it following the below link:

http://www.samsung.com/eg/support/servicelocation/

thank you

0 Likes